Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What we've got is a "blue light special" on truth...

So much for following through on posting here more often. No worries. I will motivate myself to do so...even if I have to bash my head into a wall to remind myself. Believe me, there's much to be said, to be covered. 

I've decided not to post my daily poems here this year. I could change my mind and post a few here and there, but I'd rather keep most of them to myself. I am posting one a day at Robert Brewer's blog. He has guest judges for each day of the month and they will pick a "poem of the day" for each day. It's a different kind of structure this year, which is kind of cool, though I have no expectation of being chosen at all, especially after seeing the names of some of the people posting there. I saw work from Shaindel Beers, Aleathia Drehmer, Taylor Mali and a few other heavy hitters, as well as some lesser-knowns who are pretty killer. We'll see how this goes. The writing, at the very least, will continue. I have three for today. I want to top the 66 I wrote last year.

I also have a lot of poetry from others to cover. I am starting to make good on decreasing the pile of books on my bookcase. (No, there's no more room on this bookcase, so piles are forming in front of books.) I've been reading Sierra DeMulder (my new favorite, by far), Heather McNaugher and some others. I have books to read by Kat Dixon and some coming in the mail from Kristy Bowen. I am immersed in poetry, which is never a bad thing.

I'm also quite excited by the plethora of new releases coming in music. Several bands I love are releasing new music. Some are bands that have reformed with their original lineups (Information Society (!!), Veruca Salt (!!!), Nickel Creek (!!!!)) and others, like the brilliant San Diego band ILYA, who haven't released anything in nine years. There's more I'm undoubtedly forgetting...but rest assured, I will be in aural delight this year. 

Now, if only I can find a job worthy of my time, effort and brain power...

1 comment:

  1. Eeee! I'm a heavy-hitter! Thanks for the compliment :-) I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete