Sunday, April 7, 2013

NaPoWriMo, Day 7

Going off the NaPoWriMo prompt, my poem is below. The prompt is to write of poem entirely of declarative sentences, with the last line as a question. It's not that great, but it's done.



Ready for digging

I park next to a handicapped space.
I almost forget my phone in the car.
I ask if I need to sign in.
The woman at the desk speaks in monotone.
She tells me the procedure is no big deal.
I find a seat away from everyone else.
I surf the internet to forget about it.
I get called in and take a deep breath.
I lay back and take a large needle to the face.
I feel my eyes tear up and bite my tongue.
The scraping lasts maybe five minutes.
The hole is covered with a round bandage.
I'm told to come back in six months.

Is the cancer gone?





No comments:

Post a Comment