Tuesday, April 30, 2013

NaPoWriMo, Day 30

Well, I somehow made it to day 30 with a small semblance of sanity. Very small. I have some more poem ideas, but now that I'm not on a self imposed deadline, I can stress less about them. My final total after 30 days? 66 poems. 2 more than last year. I used the Poetic Asides prompt to write either a finished poem or a never finished poem. This is sort of both.



The end is the beginning is the end

Everything around me begins to dim.
A snuffed candle, no smoke to drift
into the stale evening's air. There
will be napkins left on the desk, piles
of unedited poems yellowing under the
weight of this end. I am an unfinished
script. I am unmarrowed bone. Helpless
to the pressure building in my ribcage,
I scribble notes in code, watch faces
become a blur, leave unfinished.

No comments:

Post a Comment