Tuesday, April 2, 2013

NaPoWriMo, Day 2

Today's poem comes from NaPoWriMo's prompt to write a poem that tells a lie or lies. It could be all lies, it could build to a big lie or whatever you choose. I'll let the reader decide what is fact and what it fiction in mine.




In the house of my nemesis

I broke in your house today.
I needed evidence that your
grandiose life was, in fact,
nothing but a big fucking lie.
I admit to rummaging through
your dresser, to see if you
owned granny panties, to find
picture evidence of this boyfriend
that I know doesn't exist.
I looked for trophies, awards.
I stole a pack of gum, even though
I have five packs sitting on my desk
right now. I pushed all of your cd's
under your bed and threw the really
crappy ones, like old Backstreet Boys
albums, in your backyard.
Just to be an asshole.
Then, I left a love note on your pillow.

1 comment:

  1. I like the pettiness here. For some reason, I especially like the detail about the gum.

    ReplyDelete