Monday, April 9, 2012

NaPoWriMo, Day 9

From Poetic Asides: Write a shady poem. I’ll leave the interpretation of this prompt up to you. It could be a poem that includes shadows and/or shading. It could be about a shady part of town or a shady person. Or well, something else.


So here's my attempt...it more or less includes shadows.





Blair


You send your signal through the
dining room lights, a flicker
then the dim bulbs suddenly
blare, suspicious shadows cast
around corners, hide bookcases and
the various toys and bones left by
the dog on the floor. You wait for
me to turn off the television, then
move the drapes, send a flash from
porch lights across the street,
send a whistle through the vents,
try to seduce me into following you
to the basement to shroud me in a
dark cover, to keep me in your
otherworldly embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment