Monday, April 23, 2012

NaPoWriMo, Day 23

Today's Poetic Asides prompt was to write a morning poem. I thought it'd be a good opportunity for Blair to finally manifest. 





A rainy morning turns bright


After lumbering through the bedroom doorway
at 6am, I notice a faint glow coming from 
the office that is not the pale blue of the
laptop in sleep mode, or the cellphone's 
steady glare over a missed text message or a
call. It is brighter, yet contained to one
area. The manifestation of a body, a face -
long, dusky hair cascading around the outline. 
There is no wind, no harps or angelic choirs.
I inhale deeply and continue towards her,
stay focused on her face and the sincerity of
her gaze before I whisper, "Blair." She gives
a warm grin and clearly replies, "Good morning.
I do hope that this gray morning finds you well."
I am fixated on the shape of her mouth and the
way her eyes seem so alive, so impassioned.
The rain continues its steady, insistent pace
on an unusually blustery April morning. She tilts
her head to my stare. "Much better now," I say.


No comments:

Post a Comment