Monday, April 2, 2012

NaPoWriMo, Day 2

I took the prompt from Poetic Asides today and wrote the poem as an "unwanted visitor". Here's the prompt : For today’s prompt, write a visitor poem. The poem can be from the point of view of a visitor–or the people receiving the visitor. The visitor could be expected or unexpected. The visitor could be welcome or unwelcome. The visitor doesn’t even have to be human.



Intruder


It swims around in the acid of my gut,
punching holes and biting the lining.
It leaves me buckled and nauseated.


It travels the length of my shoulders,
sending its ache up my semi-arthritic neck
and leaves me dizzy when I wake.


It sends me into an afternoon fever,
my hands dry and chilled, my face warm
and flush with sickness.


It laughs while I wait out its blood games,
its dyskrasia firing into my brain,
blasting scenarios that all end badly,
contemplating an end I had not imagined.

2 comments:

  1. Talk about an unwanted visitor! Love the way you've put this together, all those miserable symptoms.

    Had to look up dyskrasia!

    I am struggling to write and it's only Day 3. My muse has completely left me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be rough, for sure. I'm writing, I just want to be writing more interesting stuff. I think I need to find some fresh prompts.

    ReplyDelete