Thursday, April 19, 2012

NaPoWriMo, Day 19

Today's prompt from Poetic Asides was to write an life event poem. I wasn't entirely motivated by this one, but I came up with something lighthearted. 





An event to remember


You tell me that you're working late on a
random Thursday in a typical, non-descript
week, and I'm supposed to have immediate recall.


You tell me to write on the calendar the
days that I'm working late, and I've barely
memorized my schedule for the next work week.


You tell me I need to make lists so that I can
actually accomplish things throughout the week.
Things like:
Let the dog out.
Don't leave the laundry in the washing machine.
Bring milk home. Don't forget the bananas.


Yet, every time someone asks when our anniversary
is, your eyes glaze and your head turns to me,
and I always respond, "April 26th".



No comments:

Post a Comment