Monday, April 16, 2012

NaPoWriMo, Day 16

Today’s Poetic Asides prompt: write a mixed up poem. I guess there are a few ways to come at this poem. Your narrator could have mixed feelings about something. Or a character could get “mixed up” in something. Or the poem could be about mixing up a drink. Or a mixtape. Or however you wish to mix this prompt/poem up.





Snowing marshmallows


I found my shoes in the fridge,
chilled and stiff, as it turns out
it will be 90 degrees today.
My dog had my keys in her
teeth, motioned for me to go
in the cage this time.
Something is not quite right.
The lunch I made the night before
was spotted in the clutches of the
rabbit that sits in the grass on the
side of my house. I think he’s
laughing at me, left me the carrots
I toss to him each day.
My hair looks purple, for some reason.
Is this someone’s idea of a joke?
My wife is running at me with a bat.
What the hell?! I run for the door.
Outside, it’s snowing marshmallows.

No comments:

Post a Comment